Thursday 5 May 2016

My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga



Goodreads : Sixteen-year-old physics nerd Aysel is obsessed with plotting her own death. With a mother who can barely look at her without wincing, classmates who whisper behind her back, and a father whose violent crime rocked her small town, Aysel is ready to turn her potential energy into nothingness.

There’s only one problem: she’s not sure she has the courage to do it alone. But once she discovers a website with a section called Suicide Partners, Aysel’s convinced she’s found her solution: a teen boy with the username FrozenRobot (aka Roman) who’s haunted by a family tragedy is looking for a partner.

Even though Aysel and Roman have nothing in common, they slowly start to fill in each other’s broken lives. But as their suicide pact becomes more concrete, Aysel begins to question whether she really wants to go through with it. Ultimately, she must choose between wanting to die or trying to convince Roman to live so they can discover the potential of their energy together. Except that Roman may not be so easy to convince


Why do I always pick the sad books. WHY! That aside , this book is brilliant and I loved it. Maybe not as much as the other book's I've reviewed , based on the fact that this book wasn't entirely my thing. But I did enjoy it a lot.

As the Summary says , this book is about two teenagers who make a suicide pact because they're depressed. One , is science nerd , Asyel and the other is a former basketball champ , Roman who both find each other after Roman posts a message asking for a suicide partner. This leads to a friendship that turns into more pretty quickly , as they bond through the pact.

I feel awkward writing a review on a book that is about a real serious problem , and so I hope that anything I say will not come off the wrong way.

I loved Aysel. She was really realistic and I found her to be actually very developed , unlike a lot of characters I read about. Her story broke my heart , and her relationship with her mother was actually a lot like mine with my father. She was an amazing character in short.

Roman also broke me... a lot. His story made me cry even more! I felt so bad for him throughout the book and I'm so annoyed that I'm not in the book and that I couldn't help him myself.

I don't want to say much else , because I will go to deep and I will cry. And I probably will spoil it.

So , I have to end it here. Overall , I gave this book a rating of 4 stars and I recommend it to everyone.

Goodbye ,
Bookish Delights x

No comments:

Post a Comment